Concrete is looking for a Production Designer to join our team. This role works with our art directors and designers to bring creative concepts to life at one of the top branding agencies in North America.
In the creative process, the final stages of execution is often where success is defined – we strongly believe that the details matter. They can make or break creative ideas.
We’re looking for a talented, confident, hard working problem solver that thrives in a collaborative environment. You work well under pressure and are solution-oriented to help support our Creative and Accounts teams execute and expedite award-winning creative projects.
A successful Production Designer must possess a mix of both creative and technical skills. You must be able to work quickly but also remain extremely detail-oriented, calm, and resilient in pressure situations. This role is an indispensable and in-demand member of the creative team.
This role assists the design team primarily in producing and rolling out art files after the creative direction and design has taken shape – in the form of print files, packaging mockups, advertising, point-of-purchase and digital graphics. You are detail oriented and thrive on pre-flight formatting, collecting, processing, checking and uploading files to support overall arching branding and advertising client initiatives.
A successful candidate for this position should be:
- – A perfectionist that understands the impact details have and will catch errors others have missed
- – Highly collaborative, a relationship builder
- – Able to thrive in pressure situations
- – Curious to understand client needs, industry trends
- – Someone who takes pride in their work and take full ownership of their projects, beginning to end
- – Self-motivated, organized and accountable, with the ability to multi-task
- – 7+ years of industry experience, large agency experience an asset
- – Completely proficient of the latest versions of Creative Suite ( InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), Adobe Acrobat
- – Understands colour management in print and digital
- – University degree or equivalent College diploma in Design or related field
- – Strong production design portfolio
- – Passion for branding art & design with an eagerness to collaborate with other creative people
Strong typographic and layout skills, strict attention to detail, and outstanding organizational, project management, file-organization and archiving skills are a must.
- – Execution and production of print and digital assets to ensure accurate, on-time delivery within tight deadlines, applying style/brand guides and templates where applicable
- – Scheduling and coordinating with art directors, designers and brand planners to deliver multiple requirements for multiple clients depending on daily client needs
- – Prepare deliverables for handoff to internal client teams, external vendors or media partners
- – Prepare final press-ready files based on supplied specifications for a variety types of printing and finishing
- – Image retouching, clipping paths and additional image manipulation when needed
- – Create presentations and PDFs for client review
- – Prepare accurate physical mockups when necessary for reviews and approvals
- – Prepare images for online and mobile applications
- – Catalog, archive and reference art for future projects
- – Passion for Mac Products / Environment a very strong asset
- – Video editing and HTML/coding a strong asset
- – Continuous self-learning and keeping up to date with relevant programs
- – Resolve and troubleshoot any artwork or technical issues that may arise during production, including IT issues, corrupt files, printing, server etc.
About Concrete Design
Concrete is an award-winning independent design agency. Our international reputation for producing compelling and targeted brand assets is built on strategic thinking, creative design and dedicated client service. In our practice, we deliver brand strategies, creative, and campaigns that encompass tactics such as visual identity, naming, advertising, packaging, websites, environments, digital and print content, and many things in between.
- – Opportunity to work at one of the top branding agencies in North America
- – Boutique creative environment located in a beautiful heritage building with plenty of natural light
- – Located in the bustling west end of Downtown Toronto, conveniently located near public transportation (TTC, GO, UP Express)
- – Continuously updated tools and equipment
- – Competitive pay, bonus and benefits including personal days
- – Group insurance including medical and dental coverage
- – Kitchen and employee lounge
- – Free coffee, fresh fruits and grab-n-go snacks
- – Dynamic, high performance team and social culture
- – Healthy work-life balance
- – Summer agency hours
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume by email and comprehensive portfolio (not exceeding 5mb) or link to online portfolioApply now